So, it was a fine day that I had decided to fly back to Delhi to get on with the road trip. X and T’s tickets had been confirmed for the coming weekend, so all that was left unto me was to land back, climb on my car and drive back. So lame, right ?
Hyderabad, 22’nd March
I had a pleasant day, full of surprises on the day I was going to fly out. I got a (rather unexpected) ride to work on “Blink”. Blink’s another car (friend’s), which is real pretty and it’s of the most awesome shade of blue you could ever lay eyes on. I told my friend about my grand road trip plans, and how it all transpired. The thing about Blink is that when you are in it, you never find any traffic. At least it’s been the case with me so far. So, no traffic, I quickly reached work. Friend wished me luck and continued.
So I was thinking, today seems lucky! And it was still far from over. In fact, it was only beginning. Half an hour into work and me and my distracted state, I get a call from an unknown number. Now these day time calls from random numbers give me the jitters because I was spammed like hell, back in Delhi. So much So that I was forced to turn of my SMS tone. (Friends hated me for that). I used to get like 50 smss a day. “Was this another beginning of a similar spiral?” I thought to myself.
Anyways, I answered and had to strain to hear a heavy accented voice on the other side. The caller informed me that my has been pre-poned by a good 2 hours (do you believe that?). This situation might have been a dampener for people who had a “touch and go” schedule. Not me though. I was elated. I called home and told them I’d be joining for dinner.
There were no snags/delays, and I had the most comfortable flight back home (otherwise, I hate flying). I made a check list of things I had to do, in a day so that I could start on the drive back.
My Check List
- Get NOC from RTO which allows me to drive my car into any other state.
- See if my car was in good condition and it sounded right.
- Buy a pair of spectacles, and shades from my regular optician back in Delhi.
- Meet up people from Nagarro, possibly have lunch with them.
- Meet up some friends from ARSD.
- Meet up with friends I used to hang out with when I was in Delhi
- Meet up with some friend who I was not so much in touch with, when I was in Delhi. People from SMIT
- Have at least a good dinner with my folks.
- Pack up my swimming gear and bring it back. I so need it in Malaysian Township.
That was a small list of things I aspired to do in Delhi, in exactly one day. Holy Cow! If today has been lucky, I would want the luck to continue shining on me for the following day, if I were to complete half of these things I’ve mentioned here.
So I reached home in decent time, had home cooked food after ages, spoke to mom, dad and sis after ages. Pretty soon, I felt sleepy, and dozed off to a nice peaceful sleep. I needed that to replenish myself for what seemed like a mammoth day!