Every one has a quirk or two. Right?
What if I can list 9. I guess some people like to make it large. My quirkiness borders on the periphery of eccentricity. Let me know if you can top this !
Here’s a list of things, and my attempt to provide a reasoning for why I succumb to doing them this way.
- I like wearing old and worn out clothes. Also, I prefer loose and seemingly shabby outfits to smart and well fitted ones. It’s comfort mostly. Even my bed sheets are the ones that have been washed a hundred times, and basically discarded by my sister. A few of my pillows have been with me before my college days. I like clothes which seem like a second skin, and not an alien cover on me.
- I have not seen the popular sitcom “friends“, completely.People I know have done it at least three times over. I do find some of the episodes engaging, but I could not mantain a consistent watch like I did with scrubs, OC, How I met your mother or That 70’s show. (Yep, I’m a sitcom buff otherwise).
- I need to talk myself into going to a hospital/doctor. It’s not injections that scare me, it’s the phenyl smell. I think I mentally associate that smell with death and suffering. I’m always on the lookout for floral/fruity smelling disinfectants, because it’s that smell I cannot live with.
- I do not get super excited to celebrate my birthday at 12’o clock during the night. I feel that’s the time to sleep. But off late I have realised the value of being with friends and people. But really, I’d prefer a party round the next weekend to my Birthday. It’s not related to “you never ask a lady her age” syndrome. I am what I am.
- I think there can be no chocolate better than cadbury’s fruit and nut . Yes I have tried the more expensive, and fancier ones, still no go. There are always a couple of F&Ns in fridge. I have been gifted a stack of F&Ns on my birthday once 😀
- When I’m listening to music on headphones, and get interrupted by someone who’d like to ask or tell me something. I do this drill of “first putting my music player to pause, and then taking my headphones off to respond“. I just feel that it’s a respect I must pay to the musician. On a related note, I always try to complete a song before stopping.
- The music type I listen to keeps on changing alarmingly. There might even be cases where a song that I hated previously, becomes my most played track. Some of the songs on my mp3 player are not even in a language I understand. When it comes to music, I can’t explain. 🙂
- I honestly believe that I will not survive if I don’t eat for a day. Some people have such groovy engines for their bodies. Mine is a fuel guzzling (but not a SUV like 🙂 ) old fashioned Ford T. Anyways, it’s better than many out there, but it freaks me out as though how people can go carrying on fasting for days and days. Heck yesterday I realized I eat as much as two similar sized people do.
- I thought I knew it all, but now I feel I do not have a clue, about the bigger picture of life. There did come a time when I could look back and say “I’ve got it all figured out”, and be smug about it. Not so much now. Forget the bigger picture and all, at this very moment, I’d be happy if I could say I know myself through and through. I know I don’t. And I’m not ashamed to admit 🙂